Flooring Product Questions
Which flooring material is the most durable?
Almost every flooring material has a high-quality version that can last a lifetime. Whether it's tile, hardwood, or vinyl flooring, a Design Associate can help you find a product that matches both your design goals and your durability requirements.
For commercial spaces, some durable floors may work better than others. For example, durable carpet squares or luxury vinyl tile may be "softer" than a stone floor, but they are easier to replace, repair or upgrade.
What type of flooring installation is the most pet-friendly?
Our signature design consultations streamline the flooring installation process in four simple steps. Here's what you can expect when you schedule a free meeting with a design associate:
1. Carpet Installation. Our selection of Anso High Performance Carpet with R2X Stain Resistance Technology prevents stains and is easy to clean.
2. Bamboo Flooring. Bamboo is a highly durable type of hardwood that is also scratch resistant.
3. Laminate Flooring. Laminate is scratch resistant and inexpensive to repair or replace.
4. Tile Flooring. Tile floors prevent deep scratches from claws and are very easy to clean.
5. Vinyl Flooring. Vinyl floors are easy to clean, tough on stains and have simple maintenance.
For even more options, be sure to ask your Design Associate about how to get pet-friendly floors to your home or office.
What furniture goes best with hardwood flooring?
The entire process takes about 90 minutes and provides all the information you need to choose the best partner for your flooring installation project - from product selection to a timeline estimate.
1. Avoid wood-look furniture if possible
2. If you do use wood-look furniture, make sure it matches your hardwood perfectly
3. Use lighter colored furniture with dark hardwood floors and vice versa
4. With lighter hardwood finishes, use furniture with interesting textures
How do I match the new floors with my current style?
Our Design Associates are experts at helping you find a flooring product that matches your style. But, before you schedule a free consultation, here are four design tips to help you get started:
1. Choose complementary colors
2. Use contrasting textures
3. Consider how the room will be used - carpeting doesn't go into a kitchen!
4. Don't be afraid to express your unique style
What types of flooring installation are waterproof?
There are many waterproof flooring options available from Floor Coverings International®.
Some flooring materials are naturally water resistant, such as luxury vinyl tile, vinyl flooring, ceramic tile, porcelain tile flooring and rubber flooring.
But that's not all...
Additional water-resistance/repellant coatings may also be available for materials such as carpet and hardwood.